Achievements

  • Achievements:
  • 25.03.13 - Started Action Plan;
  • 24.03.13 - Baked two puddings for guests & SBC;
  • 23.03.13 - Figured out how to do this (not well but it works)

Saturday 30 March 2013

Eat That Frog

My anxiety levels were high today but I had to go out to the post & really wanted to prepare things for Easter. What to do? What to do? The anxiety and walking to the postbox would use a lot of spoons. The baking would too!

After a conversation with my sister she had told me she had made cakes (although she admitted they may not taste as nice as mine). My mum also had a pudding in for Easter so I thought my spoons should go on going to the postbox, especially with there being no collection on Monday. 

My sister told me to just do it and eat that frog:

An old saying is that "If the first thing you do each morning is to eat a live frog, you can go through the day with the satisfaction of knowing that it is probably the worst thing that is going to happen to you all day long!" Your "FROG" is the one thing you are most likely to keep putting off if you don't do something about it now! It is also the one task that can have the greatest positive impact on your life if you do it now.

The frog went down quite nicely with a diazepam. I then decided, as it had used a lot of spoons, there were already puddings and my mum caters for the 5000 I decided I'd have a day of rest and sod Easter. I can always make Hot Cross Buns another day, who says they have to be for Easter alone? I also need the spoons to put up with the rabble tomorrow! And hoping to do a Creme Egg bake a long on Monday. I made a few chocs the other day so people can have those tomorrow but I'm sure they won't mind.

I'm actually quite proud of myself that I have put this new rule into action and instead of "everyone else must come first otherwise I am useless & worthless", I have "tried to put others first but in this case it was not possible and I will provide pudding/cakes for the next occasion". It's a shame as it is something I love doing but my spoons are vital, especially after having fewer after my recent migraine.

I hope all my fellow dysautonomia/chronic illness/MH people are taking it easy this weekend too. Just because it's a longer weekend doesn't mean you can do more.

Give yourself a break.

J xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment